When the warm season is on your doorstep, you know that you can spend more time outdoors. That is something we all expect when the weather turns nice, and the temperatures are on the rise. Of course, it depends on where you live, but many regions have cold and warm seasons, which is why summer is a reason for joy for most of us. However, just because the weather turns nice, that does not mean we have to sit in the sun all day long. While some people use umbrellas, other prefer canopies so keep them safe from the UV lights.
The benefits of a canopy
As I mentioned above, some people use umbrellas to keep them cool and safe from the damaging UV rays of the sun. However, other find canopied to be far more reliable. In a way, they actually are. That is because they can provide a larger surface area of shade, and in some cases, they are more stable. There are several reasons why you should invest in a canopy, and here are some of them.
- You have shade all summer – once you put up a canopy at the beginning of the summer, you can leave it there till the winter comes. You can rely on it to provide the so much needed shade in those sunny and hot days, and you do not need to take it down. That, of course, unless the wind reaches incredibly high speeds and the canopy is in danger of going in an adventure of its own.
- It protects you against UV rays – no matter if you like to stay in the sun during the morning or the afternoon, you need some protection against UVs. We all know their effects on the human skin and metabolism, and the adverse reactions can vary from a light burn to skin cancer. Of course, we are talking about long exposure here, but ask any doctor, and they will all tell you the same thing. That is to never spend too much time in the sun without some kind of protection. Even if you are eating your breakfast outside, you need to stay in the shade. Some vitamin D is necessary, but you need to be extra careful. A canopy can provide the protection you need.
- It will protect your children – we all know that children are very sensitive when it comes to heat and sun rays, which is why if you have small children, a canopy is a must in your backyard. Playing outside on a blanket is recommended, but only as long as your child does not spend too much time in direct sunlight. That can cause heatstrokes, burns, and I do not wish you to have a child with insolation. The fever alone is dangerous, let alone the other effects. So keep your child protected at all times. A canopy can help with that.
- It is versatile – a canopy is a very lightweight item, which means that you can take it with you pretty much anywhere. You can install it in your backyard and leave it there until the summer ends, but you can also take it with you while camping, on a picnic, or even if you want to spend a day at the beach. As long as you go someplace sunny, you can take it with you.
- It is easy to put up – a canopy will always be easy to set up. All models are foldable and can be assembled in less than a minute. Their entire purpose is to create shade on the go, so to speak.
- It is a cheap alternative to a gazebo – we all want a gazebo in our backyards, but they can be quite expensive. Especially if they are made of wood or metal. Plus, a gazebo cannot be taken down once the winter arrives. It may not look as stylish, but I think that a canopy is an excellent alternative that almost everyone can afford.
How to select the best canopy
If you want to buy a canopy, then buying one is something that should include a lot of consideration. That is because there are multiple models on the market, and not all of them are worth your attention. Or your money, for that matter. That is why you should consider a few things before making a purchase. Here is what you should look at.
- Size – as you can imagine, canopies come in several sizes, and you should buy one that satisfies your needs. Think about things like how many people can fit under it if you put a table in the middle of it, or where you plan on using it. Naturally, you will buy a larger canopy for your backyard than the one you may want to take while camping.
- Material – you should probably know that there are textile materials out there that provide more protection against UVs than others. That is because the manufacturers use a special coating on it. My advice is to go for one of those, especially if you have children. You will be at peace that they are adequately Also regarding the material, you should always go for a high-density fabric. That is if you want to use the same canopy for several years instead of buying one every two years. Plus, a high-quality material will maintain its color and not fade. It will stay in the sun, after all, and the sun is not merciful when it comes to color.
- Sturdy construction – leaving the cover aside, you also need to go for a product that is reliable and stable. A sturdy frame will achieve that for you. I only recommend a frame made of metal. Also, the metal needs to be adequately finished so that it does not rust or corrode in time. I cannot even begin to tell you what happens when some water infiltrates on a non-coated piece of metal. Especially when that metal stays in the same place as a piece of wet The metal will break under pressure, and the material will get that rusty color. You might as well throw the entire thing out.
- Carrying case – there are some items, such as canopies, that need a carrying case. That is because it is one of those things that have multiple components. A carrying case will help you keep those components organized so that you do not lose them while the canopy is not in use. Plus, transportation is far more comfortable with a carrying case than without.
- Ease of assembly – I mentioned earlier that most canopies are easy to set up, but that does not mean all of them are. The best canopies are always easy to assemble, and it should not be a job for more than one person. After all, there are only a few rods and a cover. It should not be difficult to put up.
What are the best canopies?
Now that you know how to select the best canopy, you should be able to make the right choice. Another thing that may help you in the process is reading some canopies reviews online. If a product is not worth buying, the people who did will tell you that. Just read the specifications, and you should be fine. In the meantime, take a look at the products I selected.
Crown Shades Instant Folding Canopy with Wheeled Bag
The first product in this category that I found to be more than satisfactory is the one manufactured by Crown Shades. It is a basic model, but it is not very expensive, which I think that you will like. It takes only one minute to set up, and there is no need for more than two hands for the job. The assembly is almost effortless.
As for the size of this canopy, the item has a 9 by 9 feet top with a slant leg design and an 11 by 11 feet footprint. It can easily fit up to 8 people underneath, which is think makes it ideal for family use. The center is 8.69 feet, the item weighs 28.13 pounds. It is not too heavy, and one person can carry it with ease.
The Crown Shades canopy features sturdy construction. The frame is made of high-grade steel that has a powder coat finish that protects it from rust, corrosion, peeling, and chipping. The top of the canopy is made of 150D oxford fabric, but it is treated. It provides a UPF factor of 50+/ also, the top is water resistant. You will also receive a bag for the canopy, but you will be happy to learn that the carrying case is wheeled, which makes transportation a whole lot easier.
ABCCanopy Pop Up Canopy
Another product that I think you will like is the one from ABCCanopy. It is yet another high-quality product that will provide the shade you need wherever you may want to use it. It has a solid construction. The steel frame is durable, and the sturdy nylon feet have drilled holes that can provide even more stability.
This canopy requires two people to install, but the job is relatively easy and should not last more than a few minutes. The top of the canopy has a vent hole that provides ventilation. Plus, it makes the item more stable when there is a strong wind.
As for measurements, the canopy from ABCCanopy provides a shade of 10 by 10 feet, which is more than enough for up to 8 people. The top of the tent is made of 300 denier polyester with PU coating. Not only that it is durable, but it also provides 50+ UPF protection. The fabric is also waterproof so that you can stay underneath even if it rains. You receive a wheeled bag for this product so as well so that you can carry and store the canopy easily.
Quik Shade Pets Compact Slant Leg Backpack Canopy
If you are looking for something not as large as the previous products, you can go for the canopy from Quik Shade Pets. It measures only 7 by 7 feet at the base, but it provides 36 square feet of shade, which should be enough for a handful of people.
This canopy has a lightweight construction, but that does not mean it is not reliable. Ths steel frame is sturdy and has a powder coat that prevents rust and corrosion. Even so, it weighs only 14 pounds, so transport should not be an issue. Plus, you get a backpack with zippered pockets, which should make portability even easier.
The assembly could not be easier. One person should handle the job in just a couple of minutes. The lever tab activated pushpins provide one height position and allow a maximum height of 5 feet and 10 inches. As I said, this is a smaller canopy, but I still think it is ideal for your backyard.
I think that no matter which product you choose, you will find it most useful. Even so, if the choice were mine, I would go with the ABCCanopy Pop Up Canopy. All products seem sturdy, but the one from ABCCanopy looks the sturdiest. I think it is one of the best canopies you can buy.
Before thinking of spending some lovely time in the sun, think about the fact that it is not as friendly as it looks. It can do a lot of harm, which is why you should never let yourself or your family exposed for too long. A canopy can help you with that, and as long as you make a choice, it might as well be from one of the product above. They are all excellent products. Click here to buy on Amazon
- Pop up Shade Tent Ideas
- How to Choose Cheap Canopy
- Patio Tent Secrets That No One Else Knows About
- What Everybody Is Saying About Outdoor Canopy Tent
- The Canopy Tent for Sale Stories
- Who Else Wants to Learn About Garden Canopy?
- An Actionable Plan on 10×20 Canopy in Step by Step Order
- The Leaked Secrets to Cheap Pop up Tents Uncovered
- Coleman Instant Canopy – a Short Outline
- Get the Scoop on 10×10 Canopy Tent Before You’re Too Late
- Valuable Tips for Patio Canopy You Can Begin to Use Today
- Easy up Tent Can Be Fun for Everyone
- Here’s What I Know About 12 X 12 Canopy
- Ruthless First up Canopy Strategies Exploited
- The Basic Facts of Best Pop up Canopy
- Short Article Reveals the Undeniable Facts About Backyard Canopy and How It Can Affect You
- Top Tips of 10×10 Tent
- Understanding Camping Canopy
- Outdoor Canopy Secrets
- Understanding Instant Canopy
- Top Pop up Shelter Choices
- The Biggest Myth About Pop up Canopy Tent Exposed
- What to Do About Easy up Canopy
- The Basics of 12×12 Canopy That You Will be Able to Learn From Beginning Right Away
- Top Choices of Portable Canopy
- The Ultimate Shade Tent Trick
- Unanswered Issues With Shade Canopy Disclosed
- What You Need to Know About Gazebo Canopy
- Top Coleman Canopy Reviews!
- The Basics of Beach Canopy You Can Benefit From Beginning Right Away
- Secrets About 10×10 Canopy Revealed
- The Secrets of Canopies for Sale Revealed
- Whatever They Told You About Pop up Canopy Is Dead Wrong…And Here’s Why
- New Questions About Canopy Answered and Why You Must Read Every Word of This Report
- New Step by Step Roadmap for Canopy Tent